In this review, you’ll get a deeper look at Alpha Communications Intercom offerings, including key features, pricing and a side-by-side comparison with important components to consider when looking for a video intercom system.
Alpha Communications vs. Swiftlane Video Intercom
To navigate which system will be right for your video intercom needs, we have reviewed Alpha Communications Intercom System and compared it to Swiftlane Video Intercom for a comprehensive look at all the industry offerings.
|GB2 Video Intercom||AlphaTouch Video Intercom||Swiftlane Video Intercom|
|Connectivity||Twisted cable||Ethernet & wireless||Wireless; ethernet|
|Programming||Preprogrammed||Cloud based via online portal & mobile app||Cloud-based management|
|Outdoor Hardware||Push button and navigation||AlphaTouch AT700AS Touchscreen||SwiftReader with touchless and mobile capability|
|Incoming Calls||Interior intercom stations only||Any device with AlphaTouch app||Any device with Swiftlane app|
|Directory||Preprogrammed with static display||Touchscreen at entry door station||On-screen via Swiftlane app|
|Access Control||Visual/voice and RFID (Optional)||Visual/voice and RFID (Optional)||Built-in mobile and face recognition credentials|
|Door Relay||Push button at monitor||Via touchscreen monitor and AlphaTouch app||Remote via Swiftlane app|
|Video||Two way audio-only and one-way video calling||Two-way audio and video calling||Two-way audio and video calling|
|Temporary Access||Not available||QR code scanning||Temporary digital pin codes available|
Alpha Communications Intercom offers two great solutions for apartment buildings. Their systems, however, are built on a traditional intercom foundation, which makes integration and deployment of ‘smart’ intercom technology a challenge.
Should you be looking for a solution built on advanced technology, watch how Swiftlane is redefining the way buildings are approaching visitor management.
For more reviews and comparisons of apartment intercom systems, visit the best video intercom systems guide.
GB2 2-Wire Color Video Intercom System
Manufactured by Alpha Communications, the GB2 2-wire Video Intercom System installs with only 2 wires, with the capacity to handle 256 apartment monitor stations and 4 door entry stations.
- Records entry logs on PC or SD card (AlphaEntry required)
- Works with push-button and navigation entry stations from Golmar (a partner company of Alpha Communications)
- Option to install audio-only intercom handset stations
- Single or multiple secondary cameras supported with camera switching functionality
- Multiple relay outputs to operate up to 4 doors
- Text messaging between apartments (PENTHA7 only)
- Call up to 4 monitors from a single call button (or up to 16 while in Villa Mode)
GB2 Model Comparison
VESTA2 SE GB2: Hands-free 4.3-inch TFT (480×272) color monitor with on-screen display (OSD) for easy navigation and big front buttons to answer calls and unlock doors
VESTA7 SE GB2: Hands-free 7-inch TFT (800×480) color monitor with on-screen display (OSD) for easy navigation and big front buttons to answer calls and unlock doors
PENTHA7 GB2: Touchscreen hands-free 7-inch Crystal Clear color TFT (800×480) monitor with on-screen display (OSD), built-in visitor call log with 118 video image memory
VESTA2 SE GB2 4.3” color video monitor: ~$186
VESTA7 SE GB2 7.0” color video monitor: ~$174
PENTHA7 GB2 7.0” touchscreen: Price not available
- Low-cost, customizable intercom system
- Easy two-wire installation and retrofitting capability
- Difficult to scale
- Users cannot change the programming
AlphaTouch Cloud-Based PoE Video Intercom System
AlphaTouch is an IP-based smart video intercom system that allows visitors to make video calls to residents from a touchscreen door entry station. Residents can receive video calls from visitors on smartphones and can unlock the door using the AlphaTouch mobile app.
AlphaTouch Key Features
- Supports any number of door entry stations and any number of apartments
- 3MP 120° view high definition camera
- Scrollable touchscreen directory
- SIP-based telephone dialing. Receive and transfer video calls on mobile app and phone.
- Remote centralized management through the AlphaTouch Cloud Portal
- Integrated access control
- Cloud-based apps and visitor call logs
- Time-barred visitor QR codes and programmable automatic door release
- Built-in card reader (fobs sold separately)
- 3 programmable relays for door release, elevator controls, or other low-voltage applications
- 1 year cloud storage of jpeg entry snapshots
- Option to include a staff station for the concierge or doorman
AlphaTouch AT700AS 7.0” door entry station: $2099
AlphaTouch AT700DM Staff Station: $1942
AlphaTouch 7/10 Inch Touchscreen Video Monitor: ~$556/$348
- Simple installation
- Receive video calls on the go and unlock remotely
- Free initial programming included
- Virtual keys cannot be created from within the AlphaTouch App
- Door unlock and release cannot be accessed if a visitor call is received via smartphone, only through the app
- Door unlock and release cannot be accessed if a call is missed
- Lack of available integrations
Find a Video Intercom System For Your Building
Get a free quote or talk to a Swiftlane specialist about choosing the right intercom solution for your needs.