In this review, you’ll get a deeper look at Alpha Communications Intercom offerings, including key features, pricing, and a side-by-side comparison with important components to consider when looking for a video intercom system.
For more reviews and comparisons of apartment intercom systems, visit the best video intercom systems guide.
GB2 2-Wire Color Video Intercom System
Manufactured by Alpha Communications, the GB2 2-wire Video Intercom System installs with only 2 wires, with the capacity to handle 256 apartment monitor stations and 4 door entry stations.
- Records entry logs on PC or SD card (AlphaEntry required)
- Works with push-button and navigation entry stations from Golmar (a partner company of Alpha Communications)
- Option to install audio-only intercom handset stations
- Single or multiple secondary cameras supported with camera switching functionality
- Multiple relay outputs to operate up to 4 doors
- Text messaging between apartments (PENTHA7 only)
- Call up to 4 monitors from a single call button (or up to 16 while in Villa Mode)
GB2 Model Comparison
VESTA2 SE GB2: Hands-free 4.3-inch TFT (480×272) color monitor with on-screen display (OSD) for easy navigation and big front buttons to answer calls and unlock doors
VESTA7 SE GB2: Hands-free 7-inch TFT (800×480) color monitor with on-screen display (OSD) for easy navigation and big front buttons to answer calls and unlock doors
PENTHA7 GB2: Touchscreen hands-free 7-inch Crystal Clear color TFT (800×480) monitor with on-screen display (OSD), built-in visitor call log with 118 video image memory
VESTA2 SE GB2 4.3” color video monitor: ~$186
VESTA7 SE GB2 7.0” color video monitor: ~$174
PENTHA7 GB2 7.0” touchscreen: Price not available
- Low-cost, customizable intercom system
- Easy two-wire installation and retrofitting capability
- Difficult to scale
- Users cannot change the programming
AlphaTouch Cloud-Based PoE Video Intercom System
AlphaTouch is an IP-based smart video intercom system that allows visitors to make video calls to residents from a touchscreen door entry station. Residents can receive video calls from visitors on smartphones and can unlock the door using the AlphaTouch mobile app.
AlphaTouch Key Features
- Supports any number of door entry stations and any number of apartments
- 3MP 120° view high definition camera
- Scrollable touchscreen directory
- SIP-based telephone dialing. Receive and transfer video calls on mobile app and phone.
- Remote centralized management through the AlphaTouch Cloud Portal
- Integrated access control
- Cloud-based apps and visitor call logs
- Time-barred visitor QR codes and programmable automatic door release
- Built-in card reader (fobs sold separately)
- 3 programmable relays for door release, elevator controls, or other low-voltage applications
- 1 year cloud storage of jpeg entry snapshots
- Option to include a staff station for the concierge or doorman
AlphaTouch AT700AS 7.0” door entry station: $2099
AlphaTouch AT700DM Staff Station: $1942
AlphaTouch 7/10 Inch Touchscreen Video Monitor: ~$556/$348
- Simple installation
- Receive video calls on the go and unlock remotely
- Free initial programming included
- Virtual keys cannot be created from within the AlphaTouch App
- Door unlock and release cannot be accessed if a visitor call is received via smartphone, only through the app
- Door unlock and release cannot be accessed if a call is missed
- Lack of available integrations
Alpha Communications vs. Swiftlane Video Intercom
Alpha Communications Intercom offers two great solutions for apartment buildings. Their systems, however, are built on a traditional intercom foundation, which makes integration and deployment of ‘smart’ intercom technology a challenge.
To navigate which system will be right for your video intercom needs, we have reviewed Alpha Communications Intercom System and compared it to Swiftlane Video Intercom for a comprehensive look at all the industry offerings.
|GB2 Video Intercom||AlphaTouch Video Intercom||Swiftlane Video Intercom|
|Connectivity||Twisted cable||Ethernet & wireless||Wireless; ethernet|
|Programming||Preprogrammed||Cloud based via online portal & mobile app||Cloud-based management|
|Outdoor Hardware||Push button and navigation||AlphaTouch AT700AS Touchscreen||SwiftReader with touchless and mobile capability|
|Incoming Calls||Interior intercom stations only||Any device with AlphaTouch app||Any device with Swiftlane app|
|Directory||Preprogrammed with static display||Touchscreen at entry door station||On-screen via Swiftlane app|
|Access Control||Visual/voice and RFID (Optional)||Visual/voice and RFID (Optional)||Built-in mobile and face recognition credentials|
|Door Relay||Push button at monitor||Via touchscreen monitor and AlphaTouch app||Remote via Swiftlane app|
|Video||Two way audio-only and one-way video calling||Two-way audio and video calling||Two-way audio and video calling|
|Temporary Access||Not available||QR code scanning||Temporary digital pin codes available|
Find a Video Intercom System For Your Building
Get a free quote or talk to a Swiftlane specialist about choosing the right intercom solution for your needs.