Siedle, a German manufacturer, has been building and improving door intercom systems for over 70 years. The Siedle Intercom is a modularized, highly customizable intercom system. Siedle Vario Intercom is the video intercom system offering.
Before purchasing, however, it’s important to have a complete overview, weigh the pros and cons, and explore other options to ensure it will best meet you and your tenant’s needs.
In this review, you’ll find an in-depth look at Siedle intercom, including:
- Comparison of Siedle Vario Intercom and Swiftlane Video Intercom, including a side-by-side feature comparison
- Siedle Intercom overview
- Siedle Intercom prices
- Advantages and disadvantages
Siedle vs. Swiftlane Video Intercom – which is better for your building?
The Siedle Vario Intercom includes video door stations and indoor stations connected through a two-wire Bus Video Modulator that can also accommodate multiple external cameras. It also allows users to answer intercom calls from their smartphone.
While both Swiftlane and Siedle offer smartphone intercom calling and door release, Siedle can only support one-way video intercom. Swiftlane has two-way video intercom with the option for intercom call recipients to turn off their camera and create a one-way video intercom call if they choose. This allows the recipient to choose if they want their visitor to see them, but they will always be able to see their visitor.
Siedle intercom’s visitor management is limited to a simple intercom system that can make audio or one-way video intercom calls. Swiftlane, however, also allows users to generate single or multi-use PIN codes that can be given out to anyone, including visitors, couriers, food deliveries, dog walkers, and more. This gives users the freedom to manage their visitors without having to wait for an intercom call.
Side-By-Side Feature Comparison
Siedle Intercom Overview
- Modular system with ability to incorporate fingerprint reader, card reader, and electronic key reader
- Vandal resistant transparent dome with high-grade adjustable colour cameras
- Integrated infrared lighting for clear night-time viewing
- 3 different dome camera models available with different pick up angles
- True Day/Night feature ensures excellent color fidelity in different lighting conditions
- Door monitoring from indoor video panels as well as from Siedle Mobile App
- Add-ons include letterboxes, card reader, code lock, electronic key reader, and external cameras
Siedle Intercom Pricing
Siedle Vario Intercom price is not available on the company’s website. Siedle intercom prices will vary depending on hardware and function, but a quote and estimated delivery times can be requested through their website.
Siedle Intercom Review
- Diverse variety of useful add-ons
- Excellent sound and video quality
- Configuration tool for customizing your system
- Outdated technology and interfacing
- No touchscreen directory feature
- Lacks integration options
- Does not offer cloud-based management
- Automatic visitor access features are not available
Start Improving Your Building Security
Contact a Swiftlane specialist about learn more about alternatives to Siedle intercom, and find the best access and intercom solution for your building.