2N Telekomunikace is a European manufacturer headquartered in Prague. The company has a sound global reputation for building tough and resilient analog, IP and LTE intercom systems, access control systems, elevator systems, and telecommunications products.
In this review, you’ll find an in-depth look at 2N Intercom, including competing systems, key features, and pricing. With a side-by-side comparison of key intercom features, you’ll be able to evaluate your building’s needs and choose the right solution.
For more reviews and comparisons of apartment intercom systems, visit the best video intercom systems guide.
2N Intercom Features
- 2N IP Verso has a touchscreen keypad, address book, fingerprint reader, and Bluetooth
- SIP support available
- Built-in ethernet port
- Entry methods include RFID, Bluetooth, touchpad, and fingerprint reader
- 2N devices can be bulk-managed through the 2N Access Commander. It’s a browser interface that allows:
- Access control configuration
- Device management and monitoring
- Multiple site control
- Time and attendance management
- Visitor card management, and more
2N Intercom Pricing
2N IP Intercom: 2N IP Intercom comes with a variety of models, including the 2N IP Verso, Force, Solo, etc. Pricing will vary depending on the model you select, but will range between $1,000 – $1,500 for the main unit, excluding keypad modules, access readers and tokens, and mounting accessories, which are sold separately.
2N LTE Intercom: $1,160 for the main unit. Keypad modules ($500+) and access control components are sold separately.
2N Intercom Review
- Does not require master stations
- Owned by Axis, so offers good integration with other Axis products
- Can retrofit with legacy systems such as RFID card readers and fingerprint scanners
- Built-in night vision camera
- Free onsite configuration support
- Easy to install and start using
- Centralized multi-device management through a web interface
- Assembly required: the biggest grievance with a 2N entry system is the lack of “plug and play” installation. 2N intercoms are modularized and must be ordered and assembled separately.
- Low-quality audio: the voice and video quality of IP intercom can be affected by electromagnetic or RF interference
- The spread of germs and disease such as COVID-19 should be carefully considered when integrating a touchscreen or fingerprint system
2N Intercom vs. Swiftlane Video Intercom
2N has a wide range of models with various applications and functionalities. Overall, it is a robust, durable intercom system. The modular design gives the system a lot of flexibility and potential for customization. However, this feature is not for everyone.
The time-consuming nature of a modularized product model makes 2N entry systems more complicated to scale and deploy. They system’s time-consuming nature is also reflected in its on-site software operability. Software updates and administrative management to be conducted manually.
To navigate which system will be right for your video intercom needs, we have reviewed their system and compared it to Swiftlane Video Intercom for a comprehensive look at all the industry offerings.
Get a free quote or talk to a Swiftlane specialist about choosing the right intercom solution for your building.