In this review, you’ll get an in-depth look at Akuvox SmartPlus Intercom, including key features, pricing and a side-by-side comparison with important components to consider when looking for a video intercom system.
For more reviews and comparisons of apartment intercom systems, visit the best video intercom systems guide.
Akuvox Intercom Features
- Installs on Ethernet cable as well as wirelessly via Android
- Two way video calling via indoor monitor, video phone, and mobile
- Doorphone features facial recognition, NFC, Bluetooth, PIN, and RFID based access control
- Smartphone-based unlock via SmartPlus mobile app and Bluetooth
- Standard phone call unlock
- Cloud-based, single-dashboard multi-site access management
- Wiegand port for backward integration
- Time-limited QR codes and guest PINs
Akuvox Intercom Pricing
Akuvox SmartPlus Intercom price is not publicly available on the Company’s website. Customers need to contact Akuvox for a customized pay-as-you-go pricing model.
Akuvox Intercom Review
- Integrated with smart home technology like security systems and home automation solutions
- Supports standard phone calls for residents without smartphones
- Variety of access methods
- Centralized multi-site management
- iPhone users report that the mobile app displays a blank screen all too often
- The quality of audio and video as well as facial recognition features is not validated
- The Chinese manufacturer lacks a proper customer service infrastructure in America
Akuvox vs. Swiftlane Intercom
Based in China, Akuvox products range from doorphones, indoor monitors, access control touchpads, Android video phones, and their smartphone app.
Akuvox SmartPlus is a modern and user-friendly video intercom system designed to singularly replace outdated two-wire intercom systems and RF based access control systems.
To navigate which system will be right for your video intercom needs, we have reviewed their system and compared it to Swiftlane Video Intercom for a comprehensive look at all the industry offerings.
|Akuvox SmartPlus Intercom||Swiftlane Video Intercom|
|Connectivity||Wireless; ethernet||Wireless; ethernet|
|Outdoor Hardware||Contactless reader||SwiftReader|
|Incoming Calls||Standard phone call or smartphone with SmartPlus App||Any device with Swiftlane app|
|Directory||Touchscreen||On-screen via Swiftlane app|
|Access Control||Card, mobile, proximity, and facial recognition||Built-in mobile and face recognition credentials|
|Door Relay||Mobile app and phone call||Remote via Swiftlane app|
|Video||Two-way video calling||Two-way video calling|
|Temporary Access||PIN codes and QR codes||Temporary digital PIN codes available|
Get a free quote or talk to a Swiftlane specialist about choosing the right intercom solution for your needs.