Smart intercom systems are internet-connected electronic devices that allow you to speak to
the person at the front door and unlock remotely after verifying their identity through voice
and/or video calling. Smart intercoms with cameras allow you to watch the visitor on an indoor
monitor or on your smartphone. Video intercom systems are fast becoming the standard of
security and convenience in modern apartment buildings and homes alike.
If you are going to invest in a smart video intercom system, make sure the system you select is
actually smart and not a last-century intercom masquerading as a smart one.
Below, we list the set of features that the latest smart intercom systems support.
- Video calling so that you can see who is at the door
- Works with CarPlay and other smart car systems when you’re driving
- Voice activated Siri based door unlock
- Ability to remote buzz people even when they are not in their apartments
- Call not only smart phones but also landlines and regular phones if needed
- Can call multiple numbers in the unit in parallel
- Touchscreen directory for visitors to search for and call residents
Download our comprehensive PDF overview to discover all 36 features to look for when buying a smart intercom system for your apartment.