Swiftlane is an early stage, VC funded startup based out of San Francisco. We are a strong engineering and business team, working on creating a very unique and modern experience for building security. Swiftlane provides the ability to open doors using just face recognition. Swiftlane’s products allow visitors to start two video intercoms from a door, to a person and remotely unlock doors. It’s designed to modernize the access control experience for offices and large apartment buildings. Our founding team built many great experiences at companies like Facebook, Instagram, and Lyft Self driving team.
Swiftlane is an early stage startup, with a globally distributed team and a hub in San Francisco and Bangalore. We are looking for a passionate test engineer to lead testing efforts at Swiftlane, both hands on and building the testing infrastructure and process.
About the product and its impact on testing
- Swiftlane has a very advanced product offering.
- Single page app for the enterprise level access control dashboard.
- iOS and Android apps that perform mobile app based app unlock to doors over Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Firmware and Hardware teams that develop custom hardware and customer firmware
- Machine learning models for face recognition access
This product requires innovation in the way the testing process is defined, to ensure not only web interfaces are tested, but also wireless communication over Bluetooth or ML workflows for face recognition.
What would you do
- Responsible for testing strategy at Swiftlane from ground up
- Identify the complete testing flows and processes needed across mobile, web dashboards, and hardware
- High sense of ownership and initiative is important for success in this role
- Analyzing users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Create test plans, test cases, and automation for new features and enhancements to existing features
- Good experience with different Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Android)
- Good in functional and GUI testing of web/mobile applications with various OS (android/ios/mac) and browser versions
- Conduct comprehensive black box QA testing for all applications
- collaborate closely with other team members and departments.
- execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Ensure 100% bug-free production releases
- Knowledge of API automation tools will be an added advantage.
- Provide support and documentation
- Good knowledge of QA and related tools such as Jira , qTest is an added advantage.
Required Technical Skills
- At-least 3-4 years of testing experience, in a high ownership environment
- Strong software engineering experience
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, methods and processes.
- In-depth understanding of IOS and Android testing frameworks like Appium
- Knowledge in performance and security testing
- Solid understanding of mobile technologies and applications
- Experience testing and validating functionality, user flows and visual designs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
1 PM – 10 PM IST – Most of the meetings with the remote teams will happen in the evening time.
Near Marathalli, Bangalore. Currently work from home is available due to COVID. Due to the hardware requirements of testing on various platforms, coming to the office may be important for this role, even if it’s only a few times a week. E.g. Web testing can be done from home, but mobile and hardware testing may require being present in the office.
Non Technical skills
- High sense of ownership and desire to build an incredible product.
- Ability to communicate and articulate effectively in English with team members across the globe. We look for effectiveness around written and verbal communication, and less about how fast you can speak.
- It’s important that you take initiative to make things better, constantly improving the code base as well as overall system reliability.
- It’s important that you are looking to have a personal impact through your work, inside the company.
- Interested and flexible to work as a remote engineer.
- Open to working with PST time zone overlap.
- Ownership: Swiftlane has a culture of high impact and ownership. Although you would be working remotely, you would be a critical member of the engineering team, entrusted with very big responsibilities.
- Initiative: This is not really a freelance job, we are not looking to just bring people to give them tasks. We believe in building a strong core team that can lead and take initiative. You would be the one identifying the best way to improve and develop the Swiftlane systems everyday
- Feedback and iterate: We strongly believe that it’s important to learn from end users, and learn from each other.
- Think about the end users: To build great products, it’s important that you try to understand the entire product experience for the end users. Only then, you can implement the best product that brings delight to everyone
- Stock option grant that allows participation in long term success in the company
- 18 paid vacation days of your choice, plus flexible sick days on top of it
- Reimbursements for equipment (limitations apply)
- Work with a strong engineering first culture
- Opportunity to develop complex products from ground up, spanning hardware, software, machine learning, on a modern stack
- Opportunity to work in a high ownership and impact environment (We don’t just say it, it’s how we work)
- Potential opportunity to travel to meet the team, conferences or offsites
To apply for this position, send an email to email@example.com with the link to this job posting and a little information about yourself. We look forward to talking with you!